Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Immunotherapy in allergic diseases.

Conclusions of Allergy conclave.


  • Allergy is a global problem with ever growing prevalence.
  • While pharma co therapy is good for control of symptoms , immunotherapy is the only answer for disease modification.
  • For effective immunotherapy allergen identification should be accurate.
  • Accurate allergen identification depends on purified allergenic extracts , right technique and selection of subjects.
  • It is common to have multi-allergen sensitivity in a patient, in such situation most appropriate allergen need to be selected based on scientific evidence.
  •  Detailed history is most crucial in allergen identification correlation.
  • SPT is the preferred method of  allergy tests , SIgE may be necessary only in select situations and certainly remote testing just by  sending blood to some laboratory must be condemned.
  • Purified extracts  with standardized  biological value should be available to deal with this problem.

3 comments:

  1. Hi buddies, it is great written piece entirely defined, continue the good work constantly.

    here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening DR. I am having allergy since January 2019 and I did all my tests. My Ige level is 725 ku/L. Is this a reason of allergy. I have seen many drs but they just give me anti allergic. Will skin allergy test help me in this. I read ur blog and thought to ask to u about it. Please advise me..

    ReplyDelete